I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Rest - Not in Feelings


Rest - v. 13. To continue fixed.
16. To abide; to remain with.
17. To be calm or composed in mind. (from Webster’s Dictionary 1828)
I’ve been feeling far from these meanings of rest lately. Especially the calm, composed mind!
When I look more clearly though I can see I am fixed. I know my only hope of answers and lasting reset is God himself. One day last week when I felt miles from rest I found myself singing that song:
Lord I look to You.
I won’t be overwhelmed.
Give me vision, to see things like You do.
Lord, I look to You.
You’re where my help comes from
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do.
So I was resting, just didn’t feel rested, until I listened to my own prayer and refocused on God instead of my trouble. I abide and remain in Him because He alone is faithful, of calm and composed mind for sure!

I have the mind of Christ so I too have a calm and composed mind. I rest in this promise instead of my roller coaster of emotions.
 For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Cor 2:16 
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Phil. 2:5
 Question: Do your emotions determine your outlook instead of the other way around?
Challenge: Take time to fix yourself to God’s promises, abide with them and enjoy peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment