I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Holding onto Rest


I shared a wonderful, restful weekend with my husband of 18 years. The plan was to do nothing; at least unless we decided we wanted to do something.
It was wonderful to rest, no cooking, no schedule, no cleaning, no interruptions, just rest. So peaceful.
As it neared time to return home, back to schedules and responsibility I could feel my peace slipping away. The worry of being able to get everything done was attacking. Really the knowledge of not being able to get everything done; so the worry of choosing right to get the most important things done was assaulting my peace.
How am I still here?
 I know there is no faith in worry. It’s fear.
I know there is no fear in love.
My focus so easily slips; derailed by a passing thought. I must choose to refocus. God is my peace. He has not slipped away. He is my resting place. To rest I must go to Him, over and over again, sometimes multiple times a minute.
I do hear His voice.  I will follow Him. (John 10: 3,4)
He leads me in places of peace and rest, provision even in the midst of hard times. (Psalm 23)
My body needs to be far busier than this last weekend, my mind more productive. This is no reason to let peace be run out of my life. I will hold onto rest. I can be busy without panic and fear. I can let go of my expectations and hold the hand of Jesus, my Savior, my Prince of Peace.
Question: What attacks your peace?
Challenge: Hold onto rest, peace or whatever promise of God is being attacked in your life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment