I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

In Need of a Makeover

This +
this =
This!


I'm a "piler". I make piles of stuff instead of decisions. I am getting better, but I'll likely never be cured.
I wanted something to contain the pile plus the pile I use on a daily basis. This freezer basket won the nomination.
I took an old comforter cover and tore it into strips. I wrapped during the week while the kids worked on their lessons.
I found some wonderful ideas for fabric flowers on Pintrest. First I tried this one. I didn't like the pointed petals so I used that design for my leaves.
Next I did these flowers. My daughter discovered that bigger stitches allowed to gather the petals closer for a smaller center.
I attached the flowers leaves and twine with Tear Mender, my favorite fabric glue :). 
I'm happy with my basket and the top of this cabinet my now be my longed for control center...

I'm still in desperate need of a makeover myself. While I work on that I will be encouraged by my basket.

What are your favorite ways to stay organized?
What helps you juggle your many roles?





No comments:

Post a Comment