I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Before the Foundation of the World

Originally Posted on March 2, 2011
We have begun a timeline project in our learning adventure. I looked through several resources, but as usual decided to do my own thing with others ideas. More about the timeline itself in another post. 
As we were getting started the verse about God having planned for us to do good works before the foundation of the world came to mind. I got the idea to start our timeline before time began. I found an article on Revive Israel Ministries that lists and explains simply verses that mention "before the foundation of the world". 
I made a simple mini treasure book with these verses and a statement of what they tell about before the world began. Having a Biblical perspective means an eternal perspective, including eternity past as well as eternity future. 

I hope it will make an impression on them as they grow. Our life is such a small line on history. History is an even smaller mark on eternity. It makes the troubles here easier to bear. Jesus looked into time and decided His time of suffering, as horrid and intense as it was, would be worthwhile. He created us knowing He would have to suffer and died to bring us into eternity with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment