I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Faith to Rest


Faith, true faith really is rest.

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see.”
 Hebrews  11:1 NET

Believing what God said is true when we can’t see it is rest. Really believing, not just wishing or hoping, believing – fully persuaded.

I am fully persuaded my husband is committed to me for the rest of our lives. This gives me great rest. I save a great deal of energy having faith in his promise and commitment to me. I can’t see his every move and I can’t see the future but I can believe his promise and his faithful record in the past.
My faith in God provides an even greater rest. He can see the future. Sometimes the things I see in my life don’t make sense and I really don’t like them. However I can look back through centuries and see that indeed He is faithful and really can work all things to His plan. He has made many great promises and He will keep them all. I can rest.

There is no fear in love. If I believe He loves me as He loved the world, as He chose be before the founding of the world, I can rest in His love. I may have to believe by faith. I can’t always see or feel God’s love. He promises it, so by faith I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment