I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving Prepares for Rest


I don't feel this is my best writing, not even sure it's coherent, but I want to share these thoughts anyway.
Fear is unsettling. Fear keeps me from rest. Fear keeps me from being thankful because I am focused on what has or may go wrong.
Thanksgiving, actually giving thanks, speaking it out, displaces fear. Giving thanks brings rest. Expressing gratitude refocuses my heart where it should always be, my God. There are no circumstances, however catastrophic or dark, that can keep me from Him. Even death itself only brings me to His presence.
Looking around there are things that common sense would say to fear, worry, fret. God says, “Fear not”. The economy is unstable, people are afraid. God says, “Put me first and I will supply all your needs.” People are sick and suffering, afraid. God says, “Come to me and I will give you rest. I will wipe every tear from your eye.” People are inconsiderate, forgetful, even mean. God says, “I will never leave you”.
I will practice thanksgiving for all the good He is, all the blessings He bestows.
Question: How do you practice giving thanks?
Challenge: Go beyond being thankful and practice expressing attitude to God and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment