I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Exercise and Feed to Rest


Why is something I want so much so hard to do?
My neighbor who left Alaska not knowing Jesus is suffering through cancer treatments. The treatments are awful – stopping is a death sentence without miracles.
A friend lost her perfectly healthy baby in delivery this week.  More friends are on bed rest to keep their babies safe.
A friend much too young has died and left behind two young children.
A boy from our church family had a horrible accident and will lose his foot unless Jesus gives him a new one.
Things are wrong and I found myself worrying or obsessing instead of praying. No rest.
I’m starting school next week. I’m filled with excitement and dread. I love schedules and learning. Not all of my children share that love. Questions –will it go well? Have I chosen the right materials? Have I planned enough? Right?
I guess I’m was trusting in my choices and plans instead of the One to whom I asked wisdom when I made those plans. Faith in Him is easier, safer, and more sure than faith in me – always. Faith in me is stressful. Faith in Him is rest.
I think my faith needs exercise. It needs food, too. I must exercise my faith so I can rest. To exercise my faith I must choose to trust Him. He has promised to work all things for my good because I love Him, because He has called me.
To feed my faith I must read and meditate on His Word, His blessings.
Exercise and feed to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment