I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Rest in Liberty


Being Independence Day here in the USA I looked for liberty. Not surprising liberty is a place God wants us to rest.
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.  (Galatians 5:1)
The words stand fast mean “to be stationary”. That sounds like rest to me. Liberty means freedom. Freedom bought and paid for by the anointing of Jesus.
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty(2 Corinthians 3:17)
The Spirit dwells in me therefore there is the freedom in me for me to rest in.
And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.  (Psalms 119:45)
Again I see the rest I seek is tied to knowing my Father’s precepts – His words, His ways and His presence.

Liberated from sin and punishment.
Liberated to follow God anywhere He leads.
Liberated to rest.

Rest is something I need to change from a concept to a way of life. I am learning, but I feel I have so far to go. I don’t though. My Savior never leaves me. He is here and He is rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment