I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Path to Rest


Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:6-7)
Same verses with some additional definitions:
Be careful for [be anxious about] nothing [not even one]; but in everything [all, any, every, the whole] by prayer [worship] and supplication [a petition] with thanksgiving [gratitude; grateful language] let your requests [a thing asked] be made known unto God. And the peace [prosperity: - one, peace, quietness, rest] of God, which passeth [excel; superior, superiority: - better, excellency, higher, pass, supreme] all understanding, shall keep [be a watcher in advance, that is, to mount guard as a sentinel (post spies at gates); figuratively to hem in, protect: - keep (with a garrison)] your hearts [thoughts or feelings] and minds [intellect, disposition] through Christ [anointed] Jesus.
(Philippians 4:6-7) 
This Sunday a woman shared this verse in a new way. God’s peace, His rest, is set about us like a guard to protect us when we do not worry when we let Him know what we need with a grateful heart and voice.

I never thought I was a worrier. If you’ve been following me on my journey to rest you’ll know that I somewhere along the way became one without knowing it. I worry and think and plan instead of following the clear instructions in these verses. Do not worry. Worship and pray with gratitude. This is the path to the rest I long for. It is the path to the heart of the Father and the Prince of Peace.

Question: Have you experienced the peace of God surrounding you as a guard?
Challenge: Voice, aloud, gratitude every time a worry crosses your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment