I've moved

I've moved!
Come read my current posts at www.MukkoveJohnson.com
Buy books and stay up on book signings and other happenings, too.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sure I’m Thankful


There are things I am not happy about, I wish were different, wish hadn’t happened.
I’m not complaining.
I’m thankful.
However I don’t know that anyone can tell I’m thankful because I’m not expressing gratitude.
Thankfulness has been hard this season. Don’t get me wrong. I know I am blessed beyond the majority of the population with the orphans, poverty and wars.
Getting this knowledge out of my lips or finger tips has not been happening.  Maybe this knowledge hasn’t really gotten to my heart.
I have not been giving my thanks, not praising, not expressing gratitude. 
I’ve meant to. 
I’ve tried to think of creative ways to record our thanks as a family as we have in the past. I guess I couldn’t force my kids to list things they were thankful for when I wasn’t doing it myself.
I have thought of things I’m thankful for. There are many. 
Over and over they are lost in my emotions instead of expressed or treasured.

So my challenge to you and to myself is to slow down and let the knowledge of God’s goodness penetrate my heart so deeply that it must flow out in endless praise.

Enjoy your family.

May you be blessed and be a blessing this Thanksgiving!

Do you ever struggle with being thankful?
How have you been thankful in spite of negative emotions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment